As a company that provides products directly connected to the safety of customers consisting of tires for passenger vehicles, trucks, buses, construction vehicles, racing vehicles, etc., it is our corporate duty to provide safe products that will satisfy customers, and to ensure that it is possible for everyone to access accurate information. In addition, we would like to educate consumers on sustainable consumption and work to support the needs of consumers in a weak or disadvantageous position.
This stance is declared in the Quality Policy, and the actions that should be taken by employees are stipulated in the Yokohama Rubber Group Action Guidelines.
We will contribute to society by planning, designing, producing, and selling attractive products for the satisfaction of our customers while maintaining a quality assurance system in all of our processes, including service. To this end, we will conduct systematic activities to ensure that all the basic steps in our quality assurance activities function properly.
Yokohama Rubber Group Action Guidelines
We shall provide safe and high-quality products and services
Basic Stance of the Yokohama Rubber Group
We shall develop, design, manufacture, and sell attractive products that satisfy customers; provide society as a whole with safe and high-quality products and services; and endeavor to enhance the value of the Yokohama Rubber brand.
To practice our basic stance — our action
- We shall listen to the views of our customers, accurately ascertain their needs, and develop, design, manufacture, and sell products of genuine use to society.
- We shall provide our customers with appropriate information concerning our products.
- In the manufacture and sale of our products, we shall observe the laws and regulations on safety applied in each host country and region.
- We shall proactively participate in the construction and operation of companywide mechanisms to assure the quality of our products.
- We shall take prompt action in response in the event of accidents related to our products.
- Through these actions, we shall work to enhance the value of the Yokohama Rubber brand.
Message from a manager
As Yokohama Rubber celebrated its centennial last year, it aims to continue to be a company indispensable to society over the next 100 years based on the strong foundation of trust garnered in its first century. To do so, we are committed to improving product quality and services in order to provide attractive products that will satisfy customer needs and guarantee safety and peace of mind which foster the trust.
Specifically, we are steadily implementing the Yokohama Rubber Quality Management System (QMS) for improving quality of products and services at overseas business locations and external manufacturing partners, which have been expanding and diversifying in order to provide our products to more customers.
In order to further enhance the quality of after-sales service as well as services such as pre-sale promotion, we are implementing systematic improvements in terms of training of service engineers, conducting training seminars at sales locations both in Japan and overseas, and improving the training materials and programs used for these activities. These efforts aim to build a closer relationship with customers.
Hiroyuki Narabaya, Head of Tire Quality Assurance Division
Yasushi Hayano, Officer, in charge of MB Quality Assurance Division
Vision for FY 2020
- A uniform quality assurance system corresponding to the expansion of global production sites
- Global service structure that covers our entire product range
- Raise awareness about the proper use of products to enhance customer safety and help realize a low-carbon society
- Implement quality education for all employees including production sites and services
Main action items to be addressed first
The following items have been established as the main action items that the Yokohama Rubber Group will address first in consideration of the level of impact of business activities and the level of social interest.