The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. and Yokohama Rubber group companies (hereinafter “Yokohama”) frequently acquires personal information in the course of its operations. Cognizant of the sensitivity of this information, Yokohama views the proper handling of personal information as an important responsibility, and is working to develop suitable practices based on the core policies outlined below.
- In accordance with the establishment of the Personal Information Protection Act and Yokohama's subsequent compliance provisions, Yokohama works to ensure that all relevant employees are thoroughly aware of the protocol and procedures and that they handle personal information in a proper manner.
- Yokohama collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary after informing or indicating to customers the purpose(s) of use.
- Collected personal information is never provided to third parties unless consent from respective customers has been given. However, these restrictions may not be applied in case personal information is provided based on permission by law or is provided to outsourcing contractors.
- Yokohama is establishing regulations and safety measures to prevent and redress the illegal access, leakage, loss or destruction of personal information received from customers.
- A framework is in place to properly handle personal information through an information administrator and/or information administrative department.
- In the event that customers request that their personal information no longer be displayed, revised or used, or be removed from the database, such customers are requested to contact the personal information contact desk. The requested action will be taken within a reasonable period of time.
- Yokohama strives to accurately address changes in societal norms regarding the handling of personal information, and works to reassess and improve privacy policies and other compliance regulations as necessary.
Yokohama Rubber Privacy Notice
Yokohama frequently acquires personal information in the course of its operations. For residents of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), a list of the group companies providing business services in the EU is available at [https://www.y-yokohama.com/global/profile/location/overseas/].
This Privacy Notice provides you with information about how we will handle your personal information whenever we deal with you and including when you use the following website which we provide:
Yokohama is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with data protection laws. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal information that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand the personal information we hold about you, how we use your information and who we share it with. The data controller responsible for the personal information referred to in this Privacy Notice is Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd,.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material changes to our Privacy Notice if and where this is required by data protection laws. You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated at the top of the page.
1. Information we collect through cookies and tracking technologies
When you visit our Website, we collect certain information from your device using cookies and other online tracking technologies. For more information about the cookies and tracking technologies which we use on our Website, why we use them and how you can manage them, please see our Cookies Policy
2. Information you provide voluntarily
In using our Website, you may voluntarily provide us with personal information in the following ways:
- Contact Us. From time to time, you may wish to contact us or your local distributor with queries or complaints regarding our products and services using our Contact Us pages. You may contact us through a variety of channels including e-mail, letter, phone, through our social media channels or using the Contact Us pages on our Website. When you contact us and provide us with your contact information (such as your name, user name, address, email address and telephone number) and details of your query or complaint, we and our distributors will use this information to administer your query or complaint and to improve our service in the future.
3. Our use of your information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will normally collect personal information from you only where we need the personal information where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, which is assessed through a balancing test we carry out or where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to perform a contract with you or protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Where we collect and process your information for our legitimate interests, this will normally be to operate our Website and communicating with you as necessary to provide our products and services to you. We will also use your information for other legitimate commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our Website, sending you marketing about us or our distributors or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Where you have provided us with your contact details, we will use these to send you marketing communications about us and our distributors by phone and post and also by e-mail where you have provided your consent or where the law allows us to do so. You can withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by using the unsubscribe link in each message or by contacting us using the contact details at section 8. We will not send marketing communications to individuals who have registered their preference not to receive marketing communications and where the law states that we must not do so.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
4. Our disclosure of your information
We do not sell or rent any of your personal information to any third party. However, your personal information may be shared with or disclosed to third parties from time to time, as described in this section.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- any of our distributors who provide our products or services to you in in order to manage any enquiry or complaint which you send to us. If you contact or deal direct with one of our distributors, they will collect and process your information in accordance with data protection laws and they will be the data controller of any information which you provide to them. We may also share your details with our distributors for marketing purposes, but only where we have your consent for this or the law allows it;
- to our third party service providers who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the performance of our Website, to enhance the security of our Website, to send you e-mails and to provide you with materials, products and services that you have ordered or requested from us or our distributors);
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice; and
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. is a company incorporated in Japan and the files containing your personal information are mainly maintained on our servers or those of our IT service providers located in Japan. Nevertheless, we will process your personal information with the same level of protection as in the EEA and recognise your rights on your personal data you would hold under the GDPR. However, if at any time we need to transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, we will take steps to ensure that the information receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EEA, including by entering into data transfer agreements, using the EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or by relying on certification schemes such as the EU - US Privacy Shield and adequacy decision.
If you would like more details of the mechanism under which your data is transferred outside of the EEA, please contact us using the contact details in section 8.
5. Security of your information
We employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures in an effort to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, it is important to remember that no web based platform can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is outside of our control.
If we become aware of any breach of your personal information, we will take steps to promptly assess and remediate the breach. Where appropriate, and in accordance with our legal obligations, we may also take steps to notify you about the breach, in particular where we believe that the breach has resulted in a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
6. Retention of your information
We keep personal information only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements. For example, if you report a complaint to us about one of our distributors, we will keep your complaint in order to investigate and resolve your complaint. Once your complaint has been investigated and resolved, we will keep a record of the complaint, our investigation and its resolution on our records in order to manage any claim which you or we may have in the future until the period in which a claim may be brought has come to an end. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. For more information on specific retention periods contact us using the contact details provided at section 10.
7. Your rights
- If you wish to access, correct, or update of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details in section 6.
If you are located in the EEA, you have the following additional rights in respect of your personal information:
- You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details in section 8.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details in section 8. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are located in the California State of the United States, you have the following additional rights in respect of your personal information:
- You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies by contacting us using the contact details in section 8.
- You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months by contacting us using the contact details in section 8.
We will respond to and manage any requests which you make in relation to the rights set out above in accordance with data protection laws. In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK data protection authority or your local data protection authority - you can find contact details for data protection authorities in EU countries here [http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm]. If you are located in Japan, your local data protection authority is the Personal Information Protection Commission and you can find contact details here [https://www.ppc.go.jp/en/]. We are keen to address any issues with our use of your personal information or the exercising of your rights, and in the first instance we would ask that you attempt to resolve the problem with us directly.
In relation to all of these rights, please contact us using the details given below. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
8. Contact us
If you have any questions about this Notice, or any queries or complaints about how your personal information is used, or if you wish to exercise any of your information rights, please contact us by [https://www.y-yokohama.com/global/contact/]. If you are a resident of the California State of the United States, you can contact us by calling at [∔81-3-5400-4500] or by [https://www.y-yokohama.com/contact/].
If you are a resident of the EEA, you can also contact:
[Yokohama Europe GmbH]
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies are very useful and enable a website to recognize you, log when you visit a particular page, provide a secure connection to a website and enhance your user experience by improving your browsing comfort and/or adapting the content of a page to your areas of interest. More information on cookies are provided at following third party websites.
How Cookies are used?
We may use information collected from our Cookies to identify which pages are visited, to serve content, to offer based on previous visits, and to enhance the convenience of the visitors. Types of Cookies that are used on our site are as follows.
These Cookies will enable you to move around our site and use its features more effectively. These Cookies also allow our site to remember your previous action within the same browsing session.
These Cookies allow our site to remember choices you make when you visit our site in order to provide enhanced, more personalized features to you.
Alternatively, if you wish to block the use of Analytical Cookies and/or Advertising and Retargeting Cookies both served by our third party service providers, please access to the following URL to suspend the use of such Cookies.
Google Analytics Cookies Opt-Out
[The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd.]
[36-11, Shimbashi 5-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8685, Japan]