Alliance Tire Company Ltd. Hadera plant
Manufacturing and marketing of Agricultural, Forestry, Construction, Industrial and OTR tiresTotal site area
17.8 haNumber of employees
Plant and corporate offices:Fridlander1 st.Hadera, Israel
Plant: Tel: +972 46240624 Fax: +972 46240516
Tel: +972-46240508 Fax: +972-46240516
Message from the President
At Alliance Ltd., we feel it is very important that we be involved in CSR.
In being conscious of our position as the Hadera Region’s largest employer, as one member of the local community, our company intends to keep being involved in numerous different areas such as education, health, welfare, and youth activities, etc.
As a facet of group CSR policy, the company is committed to contributing to the local community, as it is also committed socially and environmentally by way of its economic contributions. What is more, we are also committed to helping the local community develop both economically and culturally. As part of such commitments, we encourage our employees to volunteer locally, and they accordingly respond to such requests as they are received.
Concerning such interactions, we would like them developed further as ties that bind the community and the company ever more closely together.
Furthermore, it is our wish that the community and company continue to develop.
In keeping with our core values, all employees and members of the ATG Group management team undertake suitable business activities with their emphasis being upon value creation. To achieve the organizational objectives which we base upon such behavior, we remain committed to superior levels of corporate governance while managing our business.
The policy thus expressed covers numerous different domains including our observance of all applicable laws and the responsibility that we have towards our shareholders, etc.
Schedule of Authority (SOA)
Through the company’s Schedule of Authority (SOA), within its organizational structure the rights related to the making of various decisions are clarified.
Through an “employee handbook” which sets out all the company’s related policies, everybody who we employ is thus notified as to their details. Employees are also given an overview of the company’s processes and their advantages.
Concerning the company’s whistleblower policy, in addition to it acting to protect employees from unethical business practices, we have put in place our “Vigil System” to provide for the reporting of real concerns and complaints.
Moreover, concerning disclosures regarding behavior that deviates from the company’s basic principles for business and its basic business practices, we respond to them in a manner that is both impartial and fair.
Preventing sexual harassment
Within the “Policy for the Prevention of Sexual Harassment,” we prohibit such behavior, and also respect the dignity, freedom and privacy of all individuals as human beings. In doing so we comply with the law so as to protect the gender equality of our employees.
In accordance with that policy, concerning all employees, we undertake to prevent complaints of sexual harassment in the workplace and to offer relief where necessary. We also undertake to protect our workforce from related issues.
We also require that all of them undertake the applicable e-learning courses.
Our policies regarding business activity standards determine the following with respect to the prevention of discrimination and harassment. Without fear of discrimination or harassment occurring with respect to race, gender, nationality, age, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, sexual preference, disability, or any other status or distinction, etc., that is protected by law, an important company objective is to maintain work environments in which every individual employee can fully exercise their skills.
Quality, Environment Health and Safety Policy (QEHS)
The company’s labor practices are in accordance with both the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series 18001 (the internationally-recognized OHSAS 18001 standards), and the International Standards Organisation Series 14001 (the ISO 14001 environmental management standards).
What is more, concerning its manufacture of off-road tires (OTR), for the purposes of establishing the quality of its products, for maintaining such quality, and shouldering the responsibility of its guarantees, the company has policies concerning matters of quality, the environment, and occupational health and safety.
As to issues of human health and safety, and basic principles regarding engaging in environmental conservation for the benefit of all humankind, such matters represent an indispensable part of our planning and decision-making processes. Thus, we have taken steps to define the following items:
- We undertake our work while respecting and caring for our customers, for humankind, and the environment.
- We achieve customer satisfaction by manufacturing and supplying products in accordance with customer wishes.
- We satisfy product quality requirements.
- We ensure the occupational health and safety of all stakeholders within the company.
- We satisfy our legal compliance obligations related to environmental matters and occupational health and safety hazards.
Accordingly, we achieve the following aims:
- We protect the environment by making effective use of resources and preventing pollution through the employment of Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle methods, and we manage the emissions resulting from our processes by introducing new technologies.
- By making use of suitable systems and processes that involve all employees, we make sure to prevent injuries and sickness due to occupational safety and health risks.
- We use various forums to promote dialog with all stakeholders regarding health, safety, and the environment.
- We conserve biodiversity in corporate business activities.
- We constantly improve the effectiveness and performance of integrated management systems.
Social security and health insurance through collective bargaining agreements (CBAs)
The company undertakes to offer social security and health insurance to its workforce in accordance with the provisions of the CBAs. Within the code of conduct, the following is stipulated: “Our company strives to supply a safe and healthy workplace environment in all areas.”
Each workplace is operated in accordance with the occupational health and safety regulations of all applicable states, and every attempt is made not to allow employees to be affected by illegal drugs, alcohol, or controlled substances. Accordingly, the company prohibits the possession, use, sale, purchase, transfer and all other forms of transaction involving illegal drugs, alcohol, or controlled substances. Thus, all company directors and employees have a responsibility to support the maintenance of a safe and healthy workplace by obeying all applicable rules, action standards, the criteria hereto set down, and those sections that pertain to the matter of “safety in the workplace.”
Furthermore, through the CBAs that are in place within the company, for the benefit of all employees and their families, each year we organize and hold a holiday/company social event. Through such activities, we believe that the sense of teamwork among our employees can be further improved and their motivation further strengthened.
Move the screen to the left or right to see the table information
|Category||FY 2014||FY 2015||FY 2016||FY 2017||FY 2018|
|Waste generated (t)||—||—||16.6||15.5||1,447|
|Proportion sent to landfill (%)||—||—||—||—||5.2|
|Landfill waste (t)||—||—||0.78||0.70||75.1|
(oil equivalent: kl)
|Greenhouse gas emissions (1,000t-CO2)||—||—||—||—||25|
|Water usage (1,000m3)||—||—||134||124||109|
- FY: January to December
- Greenhouse gas emissions were calculated based on the Calculation and Reporting Manual for Greenhouse Gas Emissions jointly published by the Ministry of the Environment and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japan. The calculation of emissions from overseas business locations since FY2015 has been based on the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Initiative.
We have taken steps to improve the various pieces of machinery that handle organic solvents and chemical substances. Furthermore, the natural gas equipment has been updated, and we are pushing forward with our efforts to further reduce the company’s CO2 emissions.
Fair Operating Practices
Code of conduct to regulate fair competition and trade
In engaging in our operating practices, the following provisions were put in place:
- Concerning the company’s employees and directors, with respect to matters of fair competition and trade, in executing their duties they are to comply with all applicable domestic and overseas laws, directives and decisions.
- There are to be no intentional inaccurate descriptions or false declarations made with respect to the operations and products of competitors.
- With respect to all company directors and employees, when they engage in the promotion of the business and in the pursuit of potential opportunities, they are to engage in any acts of communication with while personally behaving and acting in a manner that is ethical.
- Concerning all employees, members of company management, customers, suppliers, consultants, and both agents and persons in positions of responsibility in representing government institutions (both domestic and overseas), they are to be treated fairly in all dealings that are conducted on behalf of the company.
Community Involvement and Development
Social contribution activities
We undertake the following activities:
- Employee blood-donation drives
- Donations to child cancer patients (in cooperation with the Larger Than Life Association), in which employees willingly make donations and receive small commemorative gifts.
- Donations of boxes containing sweets to health and medical institutions once a year (Hilel-Yafe Hospital, etc.)
- Social contribution activities for fourth-grade students at Hadera Elementary School
The CSR (conduct social contribution) activities at Hadera Elementary School are as follows.
- Holocaust Memorial Day lecture and discussion sharing the personal memories of a mother of an employee
- Simple lecture on tires and hands-on experience creating colorful flowerpots using tires after that