High dimension All-Terrain tire
- - Comfort and silence on road with good traction off road
- - Anti-wear properties with consistent wear rate
- For further product information,
please download PDF Catalogue.
- Go to catalogue page
GEOLANDAR A/T Tire History
Greater Durability and Longer Life
- 3-D shaped sipes
- The tire employs uniquely developed 3-D shaped sipes. The sipes, which are shaped into a three-tier pyramid, suppress breakdown of the tread block. This contributes to exceptional stiffness on dry surfaces and outstanding edge effects on wet surfaces.
- Edge effects
- Suppressing uneven wear
- New 3-D shaped
- Conventional SipesBlock Stiffness
- Improved wear resistance by ensuring edge effect provided high-level driving performance and block rigidness.
- Wet braking [m]
- （A）Center Block
- （B）Middle Block
- （C）Shoulder Block
- （D）GEOLANDAR A/T G015
- （E）Our conventional product (G012)
- （F）Improved by
- （I）Sipe edge effect
- We enhanced the road-hugging properties of the shoulder and lug grooves.
This ensures exceptional traction in off-road conditions.
Optimizing the shape of the entire grounded portion of the tread also improves wear resistance.
- （A）Conventional product
- （B）The grounded part of the tread center is long and the shoulder part is comparatively short.
- （C）The grounded part of the tread center has been shortened and the road-hugging property of the lug groove section of the shoulder has been improved.
- Aggressive shoulder
- The design of the shoulder section has been overhauled as well. In addition to improving the tire's follow-up durability, the appearance gives an aggressive feel.
Excellent Wet Grip and Off Road Traction
- 4 deep main grooves
- The four wide, straight grooves enhance drainage performance and provide exceptional maneuverability and anti-aquaplaning capabilities on wet surfaces.
- Optimized lug groove
- For the design, the lug grooves get narrower as they approach the center section and gradually wider as they approach the grounded edge of the shoulder. This helps to beat down off-road surfaces for greater traction.
Achieves Both Maneuverability and Comfortable Driving
- New pitch variation
- Rather than have uniform block pitch in a circumferential direction, the tire employs pitch sequence of differing size. The frequency of the pitch is dispersed to reduce pattern noise. There is also less burden on the block, which contributes to a reduction in uneven wear.
- Comparison of peak distribution in pattern pitch component
- （A）Our conventional product (G012)
- （B）With the GEOLANDAR A/T G015, the frequency peak of the pitch component is smaller.
- Pattern noise
- Pattern Noise when Worn (After 12,212km)
- Road Noise (Inner ear, rear seat)
- （A）GEOLANDAR A/T G015
- （B）Our conventional product (G012)
- （C）Reduced by
- （D）Noise energy reduction rate
- （E）: wear rate 14.1%
- （F）: wear rate 16.5%