Human Rights Grievance Mechanisms
Move the screen to the left or right to see the table information
|Item||FY 2017 results||FY 2018 results|
|Total number of complaints concerning human rights formally submitted to the system for handling complaints concerning human rights
* Number of cases for which official measures were taken
|(Consolidated) 0||(Consolidated) 0|
Why is “Human Rights Grievance Mechanisms” a critical issue to be addressed?
Explanation of the reason and background
Complaint handling policy
- We shall respect human rights both inside and outside of the company.
- We shall create safe and healthy workplaces.
- We shall aim for harmony with the global environment.
- We shall provide safe and high quality products and services.
- We shall conduct corporate activities with high transparency and practice proper disclosure of information.
- We shall observe not only laws and regulations but also social norms.
- We shall strive for co-prosperity with local communities.
Overview of Human Rights Grievance Mechanisms
Complaints concerning human resources are jointly resolved by the Corporate Compliance Department and HR departments.
<Scope of use of the system for handling complaints concerning human rights>
<Methods for spreading awareness of the system for handling complaints concerning human rights>
<Resolution process when a complaint is submitted>
- The Corporate Compliance Department confirms the facts related to the consultation by the whistle-blower.
- The necessary measures are taken in consultation with the HR department.
- The results are directly reported to the whistle-blower if they have disclosed their name. Reminders are issued within the company as necessary if the whistle-blower is anonymous.
<Monitoring of the effectiveness of the system for handling complaints concerning human rights>
Vision (attainment goal) / target
When an issue arises, the Corporate Compliance Department is closely involved in handling it, providing guidance as necessary, etc., and so is able to develop a clear picture of areas where Group personnel may be lacking in awareness. This information is collated in the form of “Workplace Learning Materials” which are used to provide feedback. In 2018, the Office continued to provide relevant information relating to sexual harassment and abuse of authority.
In the future, we plan to put in place a system whereby employees can learn from these materials at the time of important career milestones such as assignment to new positions.。
YTPI compliance training
Thorough enforcement of compliance through monthly reports
Each compliance officer sends a monthly report to the Corporate Compliance Department as part of efforts to enable an advance understanding of issues.