Move the screen to the left or right to see the table information
|Item||FY 2017 results||FY 2018 results|
|Number of complaints submitted relating to customer privacy||0||0|
- Operations are supported by the Corporate General Affairs Department, product planning departments, and system departments, and confirmation is conducted by the Personal Information Protection Management Committee and the Risk Management Committee.
Why is “Customer Privacy” a critical issue to be addressed?
Explanation of the reason and background
Policies and stance towards handling complaints
At the Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. and the Yokohama Rubber Group (hereinafter, the “Company”), the carrying out of activities relating to our business operations frequently involves handling customers’ personal information. Being fully aware of the importance of safeguarding customers’ personal information, we view the taking of appropriate steps to protect personal information as a key responsibility, and we have implemented suitable measures for the protection of all personal information in line with the basic policy outlined below.
- In accordance with the establishment of the Personal Information Protection Act and the Company’s subsequent formulation of relevant compliance provisions, Yokohama works to ensure that all relevant employees are thoroughly aware of the protocol and procedures, and that they handle personal information in a proper manner.
- Yokohama collects and uses personal information only to the extent necessary, after informing or indicating to customers the purpose(s) of use (management of customers’ information, marketing or providing our services, etc.).
- Collected personal information is never provided to third parties unless consent from the respective customers has been given or unless such provision is permitted by law. This excludes cases where such disclosure is required by law, or where disclosure to the Company’s sub-contractors is necessary in order to realize the purpose of use. In cases where personal information is disclosed to a sub-contractor, the Company will implement all necessary supervision to ensure that the sub-contractor takes appropriate measures to safeguard the personal information in question.
- Yokohama is establishing regulations and safety measures to prevent and redress the illegal access, leakage, loss or destruction of personal information received from customers.
- A framework is in place to properly handle personal information through an information administrator and/or information administrative department.
- In the event that customers request that their personal information no longer be displayed, revised or used, or be removed from the database, such customers are requested to contact the personal information contact desk. The requested action will be taken within a reasonable period of time.
- Yokohama strives to accurately address changes in societal norms regarding the handling of personal information, and works to reassess and improve privacy policies and other compliance regulations as necessary.
Vision (attainment goal) / target
Measures for vision achievement
- The department that manages personal information will be clarified for each product.
- Department personnel will be educated on the basics of personal information management.
- The results of activities and other matters will be reported at the Personal Information Protection Management Committee every quarter.
A report was made of activities in line with the revised Personal Information Management Regulations based on the revised Personal Information Protection Act enacted in May 2017.
In fiscal 2018, there were no issues concerning the personal information of customers raised as a topic.