As a member of mobility society, we believe that sustainable growth supported by and with customers is possible by providing products that satisfy passengers while being committed to their safety when driving passenger vehicles, trucks and buses, as well as working to provide correct information desired by customers.
This stance is declared in the Quality Policy, and the actions that should be taken by employees are stipulated in the Yokohama Rubber Group Action Guidelines.
We will contribute to society by planning, designing, producing, and selling attractive products for the satisfaction of our customers while maintaining a quality assurance system in all of our processes, including service. To this end, we will conduct systematic activities to ensure that all the basic steps in our quality assurance activities function properly.
Yokohama Rubber Group Action Guidelines
We shall provide safe and high-quality products and services
<Basic stance of the Yokohama Rubber Group>
We shall develop, design, manufacture, and sell attractive products that satisfy customers; provide society as a whole with safe and high-quality products and services; and endeavor to enhance the value of the Yokohama Rubber brand.
<To put our basic stance into practice — our action>
- We shall listen to the views of our customers, accurately ascertain their needs, and develop, design, manufacture, and sell products of genuine use to society.
- We shall provide our customers with appropriate information concerning our products.
- In the manufacture and sale of our products, we shall observe the laws and regulations on safety applied in each host country and region.
- We shall proactively participate in the construction and operation of companywide mechanisms to assure the quality of our products.
- We shall take prompt action in response in the event of accidents related to our products.
- Through these actions, we shall work to enhance the value of the Yokohama Rubber brand.
Message from a manager
With the start of the new Grand Design 2020 Medium-term Management Plan in 2018, we aim to continue to be a company indispensable to society over the next 100 years based on the strong foundation of trust garnered in its first century. To do so, we are committed to improving product quality and services in order to provide attractive products that will satisfy customer needs and guarantee safety and peace of mind which foster the trust.
Specifically, we are steadily implementing the Yokohama Rubber Quality Management System (QMS) for improving quality of products and services at overseas business locations and external manufacturing partners, which have been expanding and diversifying in order to provide our products to more customers.
In order to further enhance the quality of after-sales service as well as sales and services such as pre-sale promotion, we are implementing systematic improvements in terms of training of salespeople and service engineers, conducting training seminars at sales locations both in Japan and overseas, and improving the training materials and programs used for these activities. These efforts aim to build a closer relationship with customers.
Hiroyuki Narabayashi, Head of Tire Quality Assurance Division
Yasushi Hayano, Officer, in charge of MB Quality Assurance Division
Vision for FY 2020
- A uniform quality assurance system corresponding to the expansion of global production sites
- Global service structure that covers our entire product range
- Raise awareness about the proper use of products to enhance customer safety and help realize a low-carbon society
- Implement quality education for all employees including production sites and services
Main action items to be addressed first
The following items have been established as the main action items that the Yokohama Rubber Group will address first in consideration of the level of impact of business activities and the level of social interest.