Our products are used in various aspects of society, from MB products for businesses, such as large fenders, to passenger car tires that are delivered directly to consumers.
We believe that by continuing to provide products and services that satisfy each of our customers, we will be able to gain their support and achieve sustainable growth together with them.
This stance is declared in the Quality Policy, and the actions that should be taken by employees are stipulated in the Yokohama Rubber Group Action Guidelines.
As the Yokohama Rubber Group, we establish a quality assurance system in all processes from planning, design, production, sales to service. We provide products and services that customers find attractive, customers are satisfied with and contribute to society. In order to accomplish this, we link all the processes’ functionally and implement systematic quality assurance activities.
Yokohama Rubber Group Action Guidelines
We shall provide safe and high-quality products and services
<Basic stance of the Yokohama Rubber Group>
We shall develop, design, manufacture, and sell attractive products that satisfy customers; provide society as a whole with safe and high-quality products and services; and endeavor to enhance the value of the Yokohama Rubber brand.
<To put our basic stance into practice — our action>
- We shall listen to the views of our customers, accurately ascertain their needs, and develop, design, manufacture, and sell products of genuine use to society.
- We shall provide our customers with appropriate information concerning our products.
- In the manufacture and sale of our products, we shall observe the laws and regulations on safety applied in each host country and region.
- We shall proactively participate in the construction and operation of companywide mechanisms to assure the quality of our products.
- We shall take prompt action in response in the event of accidents related to our products.
- Through these actions, we shall work to enhance the value of the Yokohama Rubber brand.
Message from a manager
Our current mid-term management plan, YX2023, is promoting "exploitation" of the strengths of our existing businesses and "exploration" of market changes that are undergoing a period of great transformation.
Under the slogan of "Delivering safety and enjoyment through our products," we are working daily to improve quality in order to guarantee safety and security and provide attractive products and services that satisfy our customers so that they will trust us.
In particular, we are working to raise the level of our customer-based quality assurance system to match the characteristics of our business.
In our B-to-B MB business, in addition to new customers, we are updating our customer chart by reviewing the requirements and requests of our long-time customers.
We also communicate with customers to deliver products tailored to current customers.
In the tire business, which is primarily a B-to-C business, we are conducting more regular market surveys than ever before in order to understand the environment and traffic conditions that are changing every year, as well as tire usage and tire condition.
Based on the market information obtained from these surveys, we will promote the development of products that match the usage conditions of our customers, and also use the information to provide advice to our customers on how to use our products.
In order to promote these activities, we will plan education and training to further improve our sales, service, and technology levels.
Hiroyuki Narabayashi, Head of Quality Assurance Division
Vision for FY 2023
- Establish a quality assurance system corresponding to the expansion of global production and sales
- Develop a global service structure that keeps abreast of market changes (quality information)
- Raise awareness of the proper use of products to enhance customer safety and help achieve a low-carbon society
- Implement quality education for all employees
Main action items to be addressed first
The following items have been established as the main action items that the Yokohama Rubber Group will address first in consideration of the level of impact of business activities and the level of social interest.