Move the screen to the left or right to see the table information
|Item||FY 2017 results||FY 2018 results|
|Total energy consumption||
(Consolidated) 1,353,082 MWh
* Crude oil equivalent: 342,456 KL
(Consolidated) 1,333,451 MWh|
* Crude oil equivalent: 337,461 KL
|Total external energy consumption
* Reported as Scope 3 (Other emissions)
|656,390,395 MWh||623,043,588 MWh|
- Activities are conducted by each business location, and the Global Warming Countermeasures Committee that the Environmental Protection Promotion Department serves as a secretariat for implements company-wide policy discussions and activities.
Why is “Energy” a critical issue to be addressed?
Explanation of the reason and background
Policies and stance relating to energy
We will conduct activities in an aim for the appropriate use and reduction of energy in accordance with international agreements concerning the proper use of energy, the regulations of countries where we conduct business (such as Japan’s Act on the Rational Use of Energy and Act on Promotion of Global Warming Countermeasures), and the policies of related organizations.
Vision (attainment goal) / target
- Long-term target:
By 2050, reduce total CO2 emissions throughout the entire value chain of the Group by at least 50% of total CO2 emissions in the base year (fiscal 2005).
- Mid-term target:
- At our domestic group companies, we will work towards reducing the ratio of greenhouse gas emissions by 25% compared to the base year (fiscal 1990) by fiscal 2020.
- By 2030, reduce manufacturing-related CO2 emissions per unit of net sales, including both Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions within the Group and (through collaboration with our partner companies) manufacturing-related CO2 emissions throughout the value chain, by at least 30% compared to the base year (2013).
Measures for vision achievement
- Promotion of a modal shift in logistics
- Management of energy in production
We will promote the effective use of energy through system improvements, savings improvements, process improvements, the development of management systems, the introduction of production systems, and the introduction of new energy (renewable energy) in the production process.
- The Yokohama Group will establish seven energy-saving subcommittees under the supervision of the Global Warming Countermeasures Committee, and will promote energy reduction activities.
- We will promote the development and sales of eco-products in order to reduce the amount of energy use when products are used.
Reduction of energy usage and CO2
- Target: Reduce CO2 emission by 25% by 2020 compared to the base year of 2006.
- Results: While there was overland transport due to natural disasters, a 2.0% reduction in CO2 emissions to 19,592 tons was achieved over the previous fiscal year during fiscal year 2018 by reviewing transportation routes, reducing warehouse transportation volume and improving loading efficiency. On the other hand, emissions per unit improved by 1.5% at 40.7 KL per million ton-kilometers.
- Use of in-house power generation
- Control of peak demand through demand control equipment
- Building and roof heat retention and insulation
- Production equipment investment (improving the efficiency of air conditioners, motors and pumps, and decreasing compressed air pressure)
Full Operation of Co-generation Systems
Improving the efficiency of production equipment motors and pumps
Improving the efficiency of production equipment cooling-water pumps
Adoption of LED lights
Solar power generation
The facilities were adopted also in plants in India and China (Suzhou) in fiscal year 2017, and in the Philippines in fiscal year 2019.
Energy Saving Month activities
Activities to strengthen energy management based on guidance from consultants.
Consultants provide guidance every year at business locations in Japan and overseas.
With the aim of increasing the renewable energy usage ratio, we plan to expand the introduction of solar power generation, etc. in order to increase the percentage of our business locations that use renewable energy.