Yokohama Rubber believes that considering the sustainability of society and companies in decision making and execution is important in order to achieve the Corporate Philosophy of “To enrich people’s lives and contribute to their greater happiness and well-being by devoting our wholehearted energies and advanced technology to the creation of beneficial products.” In addition, Yokohama Rubber makes various efforts based on appropriate corporate governance when addressing the cores issues of human rights, labor practices, the environment, fair business practices, consumer issues, and community participation and community development.
Along with this policy, the actions that should be taken by employees are stipulated in the Yokohama Rubber Group Action Guidelines.
The Yokohama Rubber Group is making every effort to fortify and improve the support system for corporate governance to be established in order to realize management with transparency and fairness under our Corporate Philosophy. Thereby, this is becoming the management body to maintain our ever evolving corporate value in order for our management to continue to win unshakeable credibility.
Yokohama Rubber Group Action Guidelines
We shall conduct corporate activities with a high transparency and practice proper disclosure of information.
Basic stance of the Yokohama Rubber Group
- We shall conduct corporate activities with a high degree of transparency, in keeping with our Corporate Philosophy.
- We shall make effective use of our corporate assets and heighten our corporate value.
- We shall make systemic arrangements for ever-vigilant monitoring of risks surrounding the Yokohama Rubber Group, deal promptly with such risks, and constantly review these arrangements.
- We shall establish standards for business processing and see that they are rigorously applied for correct performance of such processing.
- We shall practice timely and appropriate disclosure of information on our business result, financial position, and business activities to our stakeholders, and engage in open and fair communication with them.
To practice our basic stance – our action
- We shall treasure the tangible and intangible assets of the Yokohama Rubber Group including our reputation and brand, and strive to heighten our corporate value.
- We shall exclude any and all ties with anti-social forces.
- We shall be on guard against risks in our midst that could lead to disasters, scandals, and accidents, and deal promptly and appropriately with any related occurrences.
- We shall obtain personal information on our customers, third parties, our employees, and other persons as well as confidential information on our customers and third parties, only by legitimate methods. In addition, we shall strictly manage any such information, utilize it in a proper scope, and carefully protect.
- We shall properly manage export in accordance with the laws and regulations in the host countries and regions.
- We realize that the pool of information acquired through our work includes some important undisclosed information otherwise known internally or only within the other organization. We shall properly manage all such information. We shall not engage in any buying or selling of stock etc. using such inside information.
Message from a manager
In an aim for our management to continue to win unshakeable credibility, Yokohama Rubber Group is making every effort to fortify and improve the support system for corporate governance to be established in order to realize management with transparency and fairness under our Corporate Philosophy.
The current management structure of Yokohama Rubber consists of 9 Internal Directors including the Chairman and President with representation rights and 3 Outside Directors for a total of 12 Directors, as well as 16 Corporate Officers. The term of Directors is one year in order to clarify their management responsibilities.
In addition, in order to ensure the transparency and fairness of personnel and compensation matters involving company officers, the Personnel/Remuneration Committee for Corporate Officers and Directors that incorporates Outside Directors as members has been established to deliberate these matters before they are decided on by the Board of Directors.
In addition, the Outside Officers Meeting composed of only Outside Officers (Outside Directors and Outside Audit & Supervisory Board Members) has been held since 2016 in an attempt to exchange opinions and information and share awareness based on an objective viewpoint as an Outside Officer in order to promote active discussions by the Board of Directors and to provide feedback on the opinions and proposals discussed in the meeting to executives within the company in an aim to improve the vitality and efficiency of our management.
We aim to improve the transparency and fairness of management by enhancing initiatives aimed at strengthening the corporate governance structure going forward.
General Manager of Corporate Management Division and Corporate General Affairs Department